First Presbyterian Church was organized in 1846 with thirteen chartering members. Four years later the first church was dedicated. This was a one-room frame structure located near the cotton gin factory on the south side of Autauga Creek. This building served the congregation until 1896, and still stands, though it has been moved to a new location. Located at the corner of Chestnut and Third Streets a new church building was completed in 1896; this building burned in 1941 but was rebuilt in the same year with efforts from the entire town to support the Presbyterian congregation.
Additions have been made, as the facility continues to serve our community.