Dr. Travis Coleman
In 1838 seven members of the Union Baptist Church met to form the Unity Baptist Church, the forerunner of First Baptist Church. Daniel Pratt deeded a lot south of Autauga Creek to the Unity Baptist Church in 1840. In 1899 the church moved into a new building at Tichnor and Chestnut Streets and called itself Prattville Baptist. In 1947 the name was changed to First Baptist. Growth dictated a new building in 1954; the new location was at Washington and Third Streets. The church continues to grow with several additions and renovations. The church is "Located in the Heart of the Historic District with HIStory at Heart".